Now that I’ve got that wonderful stadium anthem stuck in your head, it’s time to talk business: Are you prepared for the final days of your primary campaign?
Across the nation, primary season is well underway. In Georgia, we’re just days away from voters heading to the polls and in Oklahoma the weeks are counting down as primary voters make their final decisions on who they plan on supporting.
As the final sprint to the finish commences in states across the nation, it’s important to remember that working hard is only half the battle; you have to work smart too.
Many campaigns have gone all-in on their yard sign strategy and I believe we can say with certainty that those campaigns are batting a collective .000. They may be working hard, but they’re not following tried-and-true methods to reach voters and sway opinions.
As you prepare your final GOTV strategy, ask yourself a few key questions:
- Do you have emails mapped out, with specific calls-to-action, over the final days of the campaign? Moreover, do they take advantage of key dates (opening/closing of early/absentee voting, one week left to Election Day, etc.)?
- Have you worked with your digital team on GOTV graphics and messages to target specific key communities with calls-to-action to vote and to spread the word with friends and family?
- Have you updated your website with information about how, where, and when to vote? Have you repeated that message consistently on social media throughout each week?
- Are you running online advertising within your District/State to encourage voters to make their voice heard by casting a ballot for your campaign and to check out your website to learn more about you?
- Are you doubling the effectiveness of your television buy and reinforcing your message in the District/State through an investment in YouTube TrueView advertising?
- Digital provides powerful tools, analytics, and platforms to help bolster your GOTV efforts in addition to traditional advertising and good, old-fashion doors and phones!
Leverage these advantages and take your campaign to the next level just in time for voters to hit the polls. You have everything to gain by taking action now.
Think of the time, money, and effort that has been put into your campaign. It’s a journey that very few have the endurance to see through to the end. You’re so close, and you don’t want to look back on Wednesday and say: What if?
Get to work and good luck!